Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Busy busy busy!!

I have been neglecting my poor blog since the start of the school year. I'm even busier than usual! Here are a few updates:

  • LS students have been enjoying xylophones (River and Sky), recorders (Mountain and Forest), and two iPad projects in Forest and Mountain that I'll be posting on later in more detail.
  • LS Forest and Mountain classes have begun planning our big project for the year, involving the entire Lower School.... (mysterious wink)
  • MS Music Rotation is getting creative with their Stomp Projects, which they'll be performing later today.
  • MS Musicians' Workshop students have been composing, composing, composing! Students have worked on everything from pop songs with lyrics, to sequenced techno tracks, to an ambient concept album. Stay tuned for some audio clips!
  • My MS Advisee group has set goals, sent a small tornado through my house at advisee outing, and is turning the Music House into a haunted music house for our Halloween fun.
  • I have started conducting the Piedmont Youth Orchestra! More on that later, too!
  • I will be presenting three technology clinics at the NC Music Educators Association conference in November. These are iPads in General Music, Using What You Have: Enhancing General Music with Technology, and Using iPads to Teach a Composition-Based Curriculum.
Blog, it's not you, it's me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your blog. I may be teaching a 5-6 grade level general music class this fall for kids who don't want to be in Band or Choir. In other words, every student must be in a music class, but these are the kids who would rather not be there. I was thinking of Integrating technology, composing and recording. I would be interested to know more about what software you are using for the MS composition and sequencing projects. Thank you for all the work you put into this site!