Monday, November 7, 2011

Piedmont Youth and Family Orchestra

Yesterday afternoon I led my first concert as conductor of the Piedmont Youth and Family Orchestra in Chapel Hill. The orchestra has been in transition this Fall, so I just led the older orchestra in three pieces. Starting at our next rehearsal, I'll be conducting both the younger and older groups.

One of my favorite things about PYFO is that it is truly a family experience. Parents playing with us range from adult beginners to pros, showing kids that it's never too late to have fun making music! I had a blast playing violin with the younger orchestra and the advanced chamber orchestra. It was the first time I'd played my violin in public in (mumble) 18 years! 

We are looking to GROW! We have a place for string players of nearly any level, as well as a few wind players. Email me or leave a comment if you're interested. Our next performance will be on December 10 at University Mall in Chapel Hill.

No comments: